Try our protein-packed omelette recipe!
Breakfast, lunch or dinner, omelettes can be a healthy, protein-packed meal choice.
Egg whites can be a lower fat, calorie and cholesterol option for protein, with the yolk holding many vitamins and minerals. Why not try making our Mushroom and Mozzarella protein omelette this weekend?
- 3 medium eggs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60g button mushrooms
- 12g coconut oil
- 42g grated mozzarella
- Mix eggs and whites together.
- Quarter or roughly chop the mushrooms and add to a small frying pan on a high heat with coconut oil, butter and a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry and toss around until golden, then turn the heat down to medium. Add your eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly.
- When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the mozzarella.
- Ease around the edge of the omelette with a spatula, then fold it in half
- When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.
Tag us in your pics on social if you try our recipe!